Tuesday, October 5, 2010
The Newest Update on Alex
Out nephew, Alex has been such a trooper as he has been battling leukemia. This week he is getting ready for his bone marrow transplant so your prayers and thoughts are so important and appreciated right now. We don't know who is donor is but we are so grateful for her and her willingness to bless his life. We love this little guy and his strength has been so inspiring as he's been fighting through this disease. His mom, dad, and brother have also been amazing through this process.
Some of our friends have asked us how to get on the bone marrow donor registry. If your interested, its really easy. First you go to the website here. Then you create a profile, answer a few short questions, and provide your demographics. Once you complete the questions, they send you a swab kit within the week. You follow the instructions, swab the insides of your cheeks, send the samples back, and you're done. There is more information and FAQ's on the website that I found really helpful. They also address myths and facts about the donation process (which is less invasive than I realized). I know this may be a lot to ask but I encourage all of you to check it out. So many people are benefiting from those who chose to become a donor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment