Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Here's one more since I'm on a roll

I have to admit that I'm really liking this marriage thing. I feel like I'm playing house with the cleaning, cooking, and packing lunches. Actually, I always thought that I would dread those things because people in general tend to give housework a negative connotation. Fortunately I've been surprised as I've looked forward to making meals or doing the laundry. I know, I know. You're probably rolling your eyes and saying to yourself "That won't last, wait until there are kids in the picture," and yes you are probably right. I'm probably being naive and still in that blissful honeymoon phase, but to say the least, it has been fun getting a taste of what it is like to do those seemingly small tasks that in the end are a way of expressing love for your family.

That reminds me of one of my favorite blogs that you may have heard of since the author is pretty famous in the blogging world. Her name is Stephanie Nielsen. She was in a airplane crash about a year ago and it turned her life upside down. She has inspired millions (even before the accident) on how to enjoy the small and simple things in life especially when it comes to family. Here is her blog, if you don't know about her, you should definitely check it out. She's taught me a lot. I especially love her older posts that were posted by her sister while she was in a coma after the accident. (Oh and by the way she was on Oprah recently because of her experiences and perspective.)

Okay one last thing, here is a rocking recipe that I tried. You should totally give it a try. I guess you never can go wrong with cheddar cheese and garlic involved.

No comments: